Hopefully everyone is excited about this Saturday’s first mass club tri of the season! Personally I’m praying the weather holds fair, the traditional Dorney headwind is kind, and I don’t die from lack of training.
1. ARE YOU IN THE RIGHT WAVE?!
If your name is in the above start list, and you wanted to be racing alongside fellow Ful-on-Tri members but you are NOT in the 9:45 wave, you need to URGENTLY email Rob Argles: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Getting to Eton Dorney
For those of you who haven’t been, or haven’t planned your travel, read on:
– Dorney lake is very very close to Windsor (about a 15 minute bike ride away)
– For most, getting the train to Windsor & Eton Riverside and cycling from there is the easiest option (though I can’t comment on how crowded it might be – normally we have a later start time)
– The fretting early-birds should probably consider the 7:51am arrival into Windsor (leaves Putney at 7:12am and passes through Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Richmond – as do any of the other options below)
– Probably the arrive in time but no panic option is the 8:21am arrival (leaves Putney at 7:42am)
– The oh crap I couldn’t get out of bed and time trial it to Dorney option is the 8:51am arrival (leaves Putney at 8:12am)
Clearly some of you may wish to drive. And the over-achievers amongst you might even want to cycle – bear in mind it’s probably a 1hr 45 to 2hr cycle at pace.
SEE YOU ALL ON SATURDAY!!